Thursday, December 4, 2008

Laying low

Sorry for the lack of posts ... I don't know if it's the holidays, the gray-sky winter blahs, or whatever else, but my blogging has been off-track the last few days.

Another thing has happened of late as well ... I'm getting a little tired of the Facebooking/Twittering generation we live in.

I sometimes miss just picking up the phone, and asking folks what's new.

And at the same time, I'm also realizing I don't think I need CONSTANT updates on some folks.

I always welcome updates from my close friends (the ones who are standing by me in a time of mini-crisis) ... but the rest ... well, I guess I don't need to know when casual acquaintances are suffering from the sniffles, pimping their hometown, or watching TV.

I guess like anything else new, it was a novelty at first, and the fun is beginning to wear off.

You know, like the video game you got at Christmas ... and conquered within a couple months, only to watch the cartridge sit on the shelf and collect dust for the rest of its life.

Like I said, maybe it's just my mood, the winter weather, or whatever ... but I'm finding this whole online world is beginning to bore me.

1 comment:

Mom2Amara said...

Uh oh. So you're saying you don't want me to tweet about Amara's school bus anymore, right? :)