Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Boss Time!

I'm a happy boy today.

You see, as a huge Bruce Springsteen fan, I've been waiting patiently for a tour date in Cleveland.

Today, we got one ... set for November at the Q.

It will be Bruce and the E Street Band's first trip to the Rock and Roll capitol in almost two years.

And what a two years it's been.

Bruce and the band lost longtime keyboardist Danny Federici to cancer, wrapped up a second leg of the "Magic" tour, released a new album, and toured the world again in support of "Working On A Dream."

There were some fears for me, at least, that perhaps the rust belt would be skipped because of the economy, but Bruce will follow-up on a Super Bowl promise and return to town.

What makes this even more exciting for me, is that the Cleveland stop will be the 3rd to the last show of the tour (at least right now.)

Usually, Cleveland is early in the tour itinerary, before the band has completely put it together.

The shows are good, but not as loose as they are towards the end of tours.

Factor in the idea that this could be the last appearance of the E Street Band for some time, and I'm really crossing my fingers for a special evening.

At least I can hope Bruce will break out "Rosalita" ... one of my all-time favorites, and a song that's been skipped in recent Cleveland tour stops.

Now all I have to do is get some tickets!

(By the way, if you want to play "Where's Waldo" with the photo included in this entry, it is a fabulous picture of me and the Boss!)


2 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

You must be a happy boy! Now if only Bono would come to Cleveland since I'll be missing his Chicago stop...

Chris H. said...

You'll get your Bono ... no way they only tour the few cities they're currently hitting.

I'll be at that one too ... trust me!