Thursday, June 19, 2008

Welcome Aboard!

Well, I'm entering the world of blogging.

Why? Well, I have some time on my hands!

You see, after a kick-ass 2007, 2008 is kicking my ass!

After 11 years of dedicated service to my place of employment, they've let me go, for apparently no other reason than I make too much money.

So, while I'm job hunting, I might as well keep my writing skills sharp, and this seems like the easiest way to do that.

I've always been reticent to begin blogging, because I'm not really sure I have anything interesting to say.

I remember an old Dennis Miller joke (on his Off-White album I believe), about camcorders. He basically joked that there should be a law that prevents people from buying them, unless they can prove their lives are interesting enough to be recorded.

I kind of feel that way about blogs. They're a great way for eveyone to publish their thoughts, hopes and fears online, but how many are REALLY trying to say something. How many keep me interested?

As it turns out ... there are a lot that really do keep my attention. And there are some I read just because they're authored by friends of mine. Of course, there are others that just come off as rants authored by people I now add to a list of potential future Unabombers.

So, where will mine fall?

I don't have any idea just yet (although probably not on the Unabomber fringe.) I have a MySpace page, and a Facebook page ... and while they're nice to keep in touch with folks on ... I'm quickly losing interest in both.

So, will this keep my attention, and will it keep yours? We'll see!

Oh ... my next post will explain why I've chosen the title and URL that I have! I promise.

In the meantime, if anyone needs a competent writer/producer/public relations/media/garbageman/security guard/urinal disc replacer ... drop me a line!

2 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

Dad2Amara thinks we need a garbage guy. But we're poor so we couldn't pay you any money. Just my hugs and kisses.

So do I fall closer to the Unabomber description than anything else?

Anonymous said...

Chris, that totally sucks. Keep your head up...there aren't too many like you out there. This is but a blip in the road. I guess I'll have to switch to channel 5 now :-)