Since my current situation hasn't resolved itself, I'm using the time for more important family matters.
My Dad has a couple procedures this week, and I decided to head East, to keep my Mother from going insane with worry.
Normally, people wouldn't worry about colonoscopies and hernia surgeries.
However, my dad's last colonoscopy nearly killed him.
The doctor, who refuses to admit his mistake to this day, apparently punctured something inside my dad while removing polyps.
Of course, this wasn't discovered at the time, nor was it found during a follow-up x-ray when my father complained of discomfort.
Only after a life-threatening condition erupted, did a surgeon decide my dad needed to be opened up in order for the problem to be corrected.
12 days later my dad got to go home, and of course, that's when the post-surgery hernia developed.
But here's the kicker ... the same doctor that punctured my dad (but won't admit it), recently sent him a letter announcing that his next colonoscopy was not only due ... it was scheduled!
My dad called the doc and nicely explained that he wouldn't be undergoing the procedure, since the physician nearly killed him last time around.
The surgeon recommended a new doctor ... and I'm happy to say we got that part of the visit out of the way this morning ... with dad getting a clear bill of health.
Tomorrow is the surgery ... so I'll be back at the hospital more often than I like for a parent.
But, hopefully, things will go as well as they did today ... and he'll be home in 3-5 days.
Leave Space
4 years ago
4 comments:
I hope your dad is doing well today!
Thanks ... you continue to be the best!
Chris...I hope your dad comes through ok. I'll be thinking and praying for you and the family.
Thanks Buck!
Post a Comment