The Cleveland Indians want me to buy season tickets for 2009 ... I just got the e-mail.For the past 3-4 years, the same Tribe sales guy has contacted me about season tickets. I've usually purchased a 6-game plan ...
This year, this was my response to him.
"Brian,
No offense to you ... or the organization ... but I will not be buying Indians tickets prior to the 2009 season.
Frankly, I'm tired of paying for full-price tickets that are offered later in the season at half-price.
I understand the need to get more butts in the seats during a disappointing season, but it's a slap in the face to those of us who buy tickets and support the team from March forward.
So, my new theory of ticket purchasing will be to buy them at the box office for games I want to go to ... and take advantage of your half-price offers later in the year.
Plus, I have always supported the team in the off-season with my cash, but as a hardcore baseball fan, it's hard to see my money not being put to any uses whatsoever.
To stand pat after nearly making the World Series in 2007 was a fatal mistake.
2009 will be a critical year in my fandom ... I hope to celebrate another playoff appearance next season. But, if it doesn't happen, I can't see myself continuing to support the team's ownership and front office."
I'm eager to see if I get a response.
No comments:
Post a Comment