Thursday, October 16, 2008

I've been tagged!

Normally, I don't get into this kind of stuff ... but, when Mom2Amara is doing the tagging ... you pay attention.

Seriously, when I grow up, I want to be just like her. Except, you know, still a guy.

Apparently, these are the rules I must follow.

Post the rules on your blog.
Write 7 random things about yourself.
Tag 7 people at the end of your post.
Pass on the tag.

I'm skipping Rule 3 ... for a very good reason ... that you can help me with. Yes, I'm adding homework to the tagging.

Ok ... onto my 7 random things.

1. I have sleep apnea. My friends noticed that I nearly died in my sleep on a couple road trips, so I got it checked out. The result? I can now sleep. But if you thought it was possible for me to get even less sexy, you should see me at night!

2. I still collect baseball cards. Yup. Avid baseball fan. Collected them since I was a kid. Still do. They've evolved into my therapy. Bad day at the office (or no day at the office!) ... open a few packs. If you get something good, your stress melts away.

3. I'm active on an internet message board. Weird, huh? Know what it's for? The band Genesis. My absolute favorite group growing up re-formed last year for a tour, and launched a new website to match. For some reason I began posting on it. You know what's weird? I've actually met some of the people on it ... and have made some pretty good friends as a result.

4. My online "handle" is the same as the former name of my fantasy baseball team. Stengals. The rule in the fantasy league was that you had to name your team using part of your real name. My co-owner's last name was Case. So, we became Case's Stengals, in honor of legendary manager Casey Stengel.

5. I'm WAY too into my fantasy baseball team. It's a super-competitive league, with some really funny, cool, smart guys. The draft is 8 hours long, pretty exhausting, yet hilarious. I've won the league 3 times in 13 years. Doesnt sound like much, but its actually a pretty good ratio.

6. I've done stand-up comedy professionally. It's a long story ... but, it was extra cash while I made $13,000 on my first "real" job out of college.

7. I don't wear crazy costumes for Halloween ... but I do for St. Patrick's Day. Ah, if only I could find those photos of the green vintage tuxes with the puffy shirts underneath.

So, there ya go. Random facts.

I'm not tagging anyone else ... because frankly, I only read a few blogs. And, some of them are by "real" writers who do it as a job.

So, help me out here ... both of you who read this ... ship me some more blogs I should be reading!

1 comment:

Mom2Amara said...

Ok first off, no one should ever want to be anything like me. Neurotic and loud...yeah, not something to strive for.

And second, you did stand up?