I got a good chuckle today while retrieving my mail.You see, my friendly neighborhood letter carrier delivered 5 items to me this afternoon.
2 were coupons for local pizza places.
The other 3 were offers from casinos.
Might I add, not only were they from casinos, they were from gambling meccas in both Atlantic City AND Las Vegas.
In my defense, the pizza coupons were completely unsolicited ... from 2 chains I never have ordered from.
I wonder, though, if letter carriers form opinions about their customers based on what they get?
If so, he probably thinks I'm a fat guy with a gambling problem.
And I happen to know that I fit only half of that description! :)
5 comments:
Hey:
Just wanted to check-in and see how the job hunt was going???
But since I saw your most recent post thought I would add "Always double down on aces and 8's!"
I even sent Tim White a note congratulating him on his parole from Ch. 3....no reply though.
And in case you didn't know--I went cold turkey on gambling...haven't made a bet since the Indianapolis Super Bowl win....damn that Manning!
See how out of practice I am...of course I meant "always SPLIT aces and 8's!"
Man..that's depressing.
I think my mailman thinks I'm still preggo because I walk around in big trapeze shirts and still get parenting magazines. Yeah, Amara's five.
Beware the nosey letter carrier... ;)
Great story on NPR the other day about letter carriers and the economic crisis. They know all about the people on their routes. The carriers see the bills, the late notices, the subscriptions, the SS checks... and have a pretty good handle on how people are doing based on what goes in the box.
The letter carrier knows all!
Hey John ...
Search is progressing ... a bit slower than I'd like ... but what can you expect in the economy ...
Thank god for the correction on your first post ... thought you might have been losing your mind!
Post a Comment