Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Couldn't Resist!

I said I wouldn't do it.

I vowed I wouldn't cave.

I promised myself I'd wait.

I was wrong.

If kids are present, they may want to look away, as I'm about to admit some illegal activity.

You see, I'm a big Bruce Springsteen fan ... and we're about 2 weeks away from his new album coming out.

But, in this day and age, music rarely waits for the record companies. It often sneaks out early in the form of internet leaks.

And it happened with "Working On a Dream."

I knew it would happen, and vowed I would wait until it became "officially" available.

Then, Bruce had to go and start releasing singles from it ... four in all, including a pair that could be downloaded free.

Then, he had to go and win the Golden Globe for what many are calling the most moving song on the album (it's a bonus track), called "The Wrestler" ... from the Mickey Rourke comeback movie of the same name.

Then, of course, he's performing at the pre-inaugural event Sunday. And the Super Bowl right after the album comes out.

So, I gave in to my urges. I found the leak. I downloaded the album. I'm listening to it now.

I'll spare you a review, and beg for the forgiveness of all involved.

I also promise that I WILL still buy this thing when it comes out, if for no other reason, to get the DVD with behind-the-scenes, making-of-the-album goodness.

I'll even provide a link so you can buy the album too! Here. Go get it if you're so inclined. And I promise not to send anyone else to those dirty, dirty illegal download links.

OK, my confession is complete.

Please don't arrest me.

Now, back to "Outlaw Pete."

:)

2 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

Yea, I'm not feeling ya here. But if you hear of the leak for the new U2 album...

March 7th can't come soon enough.

Chris H. said...

Ha!

Oh, it'll leak ... and you'll be the first to know.