It's funny how a visit from your folks combined with a holiday weekend will keep you from writing.
Anyways, not a whole lot to add today ... other than a reiteration of how much I love living in modern times.
I've added some words here before about using Facebook to reconnect with old friends who I've lost touch with in the days since high school.
Well, another one has come out of the woodwork ... after Googling my name and being led right to this blog!
I know that a lot of people argue that the Internet makes the world a lot less personal, and that can be true.
But, it can make the world a lot more personal as well.
I think the key is this ... if you're young, you can't live on a computer.
Get outside, breathe some air, cause trouble with your friends.
Laugh, dance, have fun.
But, when you get to be a little older ... and you've lost contact with the people who you laughed and danced with in the first place .. this is a great tool to reconnect, share some memories, and relive the old days. Even if they weren't necessarily the GOOD old days.
Not only that, I discovered that he's a blogger as well!
Well, his blog is now part of my blog, joining the honor roll on the right ... and I look forward to reading his thoughts and words as well.
So anyways, to my old/new friend, welcome aboard, and I'm glad you found me!
Hopefully, the modern world will keep us in touch.
4 comments:
Reading your post made me Google myself. Yeah, I'm kinda sad. Facebook, LinkedIn, and a bunch of work stuff comes up. Maybe I'm too out there, eh? :)
Yeah, I have no idea how my blog comes up in Google ... when I have the search engine feature turned off and my real name isn't used on the site.
Well said,
Happy Searching! I have given you the Keepsake Blog Award. Come by and claim it.
http://ohboy-boys.blogspot.com/2009/07/thank-you-super-mega-dad.html
Post a Comment