Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sports Heresy

Yes, it's officially that time of the year when I become a bad, bad fan.

You see, I'm an avid fantasy baseball player, in a highly competitive league.

There might even be some money on the line, but I can't confirm that, because Uncle Sam considers fantasy sports gambling.

Now, to confess my sins.

It's one of those years, where my favorite team, the Cleveland Indians, have given up and are out of contention.

Oddly enough, though, my fantasy team is in 1st place. Barely.

So, who do I root for?

Well, my rules have always gone like this:

1. Root for the Indians above all.
2. Should the Indians not be competing, and my fantasy team is, switch allegiances.

So yes folks, if one of my fantasy starting pitchers tosses against the Tribe ... I'm rooting for the Tribe to go down.

I'll be at the game this Saturday against the Angels. Neither pitcher is on my team. Which is good, I can root for the Indians.

But, if the Angels' Chone Figgins happens to go 5-5 with a couple steals, I wouldn't complain.

No comments: