Well, in this day and age of internet leaks ... has anyone heard the latest?Apparently, 4 tracks off U2's upcoming album were leaked onto YouTube ... they've since been taken down.
How did they get there?
Well, apparently some fans were walking past Bono's French villa ... and the lead singer was playing the new tracks ... loudly.
So loudly, that the fans recorded them ... and posted them online!
Look, I'm against piracy ... the musicians should be able to get their cash for their efforts.
But, if you're gonna be stupid enough to blast the music for all to hear ... don't complain when they hit a website!
That being said, I am a U2 fan ... and am excited for their latest effort ... rumored to be titled "No Line On The Horizon."
And, it also kind of takes me back to the old days, when radio stations used to get leaked copies of songs and play them ... until a "cease and desist" order came from the label.
The last song I remembering this happening for in those days was a track off of Guns 'N Roses "Use Your Illusion" ... which I think WMMS played and played ... until they were told to stop.
2 comments:
Great!!!
Phelps, congratulations!!!
"08-08-08" Olympc Games!!!
Doesn't matter. I still heart Bono.
Post a Comment