Well, being out of work has its perks I guess ... as I took my mind off the job search for 3 days ... and had some fun.
Thursday, a friend and I went to the Hocking Hills State Park ... for a little hiking. It's a great park with a lot of interesting rock formations ...
We ended up climbing up, down and all around a bunch of ravines ... probably about 6-7 miles in all ... and not easy miles. Other than me sweating like a pig, it was a great time. Pictures to come.
We grabbed a little dinner in C-bus on the way back ... my first ever trip to PF Chang's was a solid one.
Friday, I became the last person in America to see The Dark Knight. Good, fun, movie ... and for 2 1/2 hours long ... it really kept moving pretty well. Heath Ledger is amazing, and Christian Bale has redefined Bruce Wayne. Plus, apparently he's now also going to play an adult John Connor in the new Terminator movie, so he shouldn't have to worry about his checks bouncing.
After the flick, we took in an Aeros game. I love watching minor league baseball. It's a great, family atmosphere, plus you get to see some Indians of the future.
Saturday, more baseball, as we took advantage of some free tickets to catch the Tribe and Angels at Progressive Field. It was a sloppy game, but wanted to mention one aspect of it.
It was a "Turn Back The Clock" game at the Prog ... so they tried to recreate the way things were in 1948. That meant turning off the giant scoreboard, except for a recreation of the old board at Municipal Stadium.
It also meant no one yelling at me between innings from said scoreboard, no between-inning music (except for some fake organ stuff), and no walk-up music for batters.
Can I tell you how much better this was? You see, I'm a baseball purist ... I hate that ballparks and arenas have to entertain every waking moment of the game. So, today, the ballpark was kind of quiet ... and I liked it.
I did miss my statistics and the out-of-town scoreboard (especially with a 1st place fantasy team) ... but, man, I'd take a music-free day at the park any day of the week.
Of course, the Tribe couldn't stick to their "no video" policy on the big board, because they showed a wedding proposal in the 8th inning.
For the record, the proposals were cute when they happened a few times a year. Now, it's just a little cheesy to see them each and every game.
C'mon guys ... can't you do better than a ballpark engagement?
Leave Space
4 years ago
1 comment:
I just noticed you've recently been to Hocking Hills and thought you might be interested in letting your followers know about an exciting contest to win a weekend for two in Hocking Hills.
The unique contest sends participants to the Hocking Hills Tourism Association Facebook page to submit their worst gift story. Participants follow these steps to enter the contest:
· Post your story of the “Worst Gift Ever” on the contest page.
· All stories posted on Facebook will be kept on page.
· People will decide to “Like” the stories they think demonstrate the worst gift ever.
· Hocking Hills will make a final decision on the winner, based largely on the people’s choice.
The winner of Hocking Hill’s contest will receive two nights in a luxury cabin at Deer Mountain Retreat, The Grouse Nest Traveling Chef will come to the cabin to prepare a gourmet dinner one night, dinner for two at the Millstone one night, tickets for two on the Hocking Hills Canopy Tour Zipline Adventure, tickets for two on the Hocking Hills Nature Trails ATV Adventure, in-cabin couples massage, and a welcome basket in the cabin with goodies and souvenirs.
To learn more about the Hocking Hills Tourism Association, or to submit your worst gift ever, visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hocking-Hills-Tourism-Association/127672051106 .
We would greatly appreciate it if you could post about this exciting Hocking Hills contest on your blog. Be sure to enter the contest yourself, too!
Thanks for your time,
Courtney Cooper
www.hocking1800.com
Post a Comment